“I just don’t think LinkedIn is really worth it”.
If we had a dollar for every time we heard that we could probably buy LinkedIn. Our follow up question?
“How much time have you spent on LinkedIn?”
When utilized correctly, LinkedIn can be an absolute gold mine for leads, conversions, and connections for businesses and professionals. However, because most people don’t use it in their professional lives as they do with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, the knowledge doesn’t come naturally. Instead of taking the time to learn how to utilize it, they turn a blind eye to the professional social media platform and erase it from their social media strategy.
However, doing so can be a severe disadvantage and can hinder overall social media success and ROI for certain brands and businesses. Still not convinced? You can’t deny these statistics…
- 40% of monthly active users use LinkedIn every day. (Via Foundation)
- 61 million LinkedIn users are senior level influencers. (Via Foundation)
- LinkedIn is the most-used social media platform among Fortune 500 companies. (Via Foundation)
- LinkedIn is the #1 channel B2B marketers use to distribute content at 94%. (Via Foundation)
- LinkedIn makes up more than half of all social traffic to B2B websites. (Via Foundation)
- 80% of all B2B marketing leads from social media come through LinkedIn. (Via LinkedIn)
- 92% of B2B marketers leverage LinkedIn over all other social media platforms. (Via LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn is the top channel for B2B product launches. (Via LinkedIn)
- 90% of LinkedIn customers reduced their cost per lead with LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms. (Via LinkedIn)
- 75% of people who recently changed jobs used LinkedIn to help them decide. (via Brandwatch)
- Two professionals join LinkedIn every second. (Via Hootsuite)
- 91% of executives rate LinkedIn as their first choice for professionally relevant content. (Via Hootsuite)
- InMail has a 300 percent higher response rate than email. (Via Hootsuite)
- 58% of B2B advertisers like the ROI on LinkedIn ads. (Via Hootsuite)
- 42% of LinkedIn users update their profile regularly. (Via Jeff Bullas)
- There are over 1.5 million LinkedIn groups. (Via Jeff Bullas)
- 200 conversions per minute occur in LinkedIn groups. (Via Jeff Bullas)
- 1 out of every three professionals on the planet are on LinkedIn. (Via Jeff Bullas)
- LinkedIn SlideShare reaches 70m unique visitors a month. (Via LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn performs 277% better than Facebook and Twitter when it comes to generating visitor-to-lead conversions. (Via Sprout)
We encourage every brand and business to carefully consider if LinkedIn definitely isn’t right for them before writing it off. No doubt about it – people spend more time on Facebook and Instagram, but the majority of conversions happen on LinkedIn. Which of these facts did you find to be most surprising?