Twitter consistently remains one of the best ways for brands and businesses to make an impression on potential customers and connect with existing customers. Considering the features and options Twitter offers such as polls, GIFs, videos and photos, it’s no surprise that over 500 million tweets are sent each day! But why does Twitter matter for your brand? Does it matter for your brand? Here are the most important Twitter statistics you should consider when developing a social media strategy for your business.
Are Twitter ads really worth it for your business and brand?
- Approximately 46% of all Twitter users use the social platform daily.
- 80% of users access Twitter via a mobile device.
- 74% of Twitter users credit the platform as where they get their news.
(Statistics Via Omnicore Agency)
- Approximately 500 million tweets – 5,787 per second – are sent each day.
- 24% of all US adults use Twitter.
- Only 3% of users will @ a brand when complaining – making listening tools vital for customer service.
- Twitter ads are 11% more effective than TV ads during live events.
(Statistics Via Hootsuite)
- 40% of users have purchased a product after seeing an influencers tweet.
- Tweets that include a GIF receive 55% more engagement.
- 93% of Twitter videos are viewed via mobile, not on a desktop.
- Tweets using video attract 10 times as much engagement as ones without.
(Statics Via Hootsuite)
- 66% of brands with over 100 employees use Twitter for marketing.
- 32% of Americans with a college degree use Twitter.
- 350,000 tweets are sent every minute.
- Tweets with images get 150% more retweets than those without.
(Statistics Via Website Hosting Rating)
- Companies utilizing Twitter for customer service see a 19% improvement in customer satisfaction.
- 58% of top brands have over 100,000 Twitter followers.
- The average Twitter user follows five businesses.
- Tweets with images receive 89% more likes and 150% more retweets.
(Statistics Via Brandwatch)